Monday, September 26, 2011

Peach Cobbler

Saturday we took our annual drive up to Brigham for some peaches. So, that meant that last night, we made peach cobbler. I am a southern girl and like my cobbler southern style. Jeff is a mountain man and likes his cobbler dutch oven style. I had to find a way to meld our tastes together. Paula Dean saved the day, ya'll.

I found this recipe: Paula Dean's Peach Cobbler and had to try it.

I meant to take pictures. I wanted a picture of Jeff peeling and slicing the peaches, I wanted a picture of the peaches boiling in a pot. I wanted a picture of the assembled cobbler ready for its date with the oven. I wanted a picture of the peachy syrupy goo bursting from the crust like Old Faithful. But, I didn't. We were having too much fun and dreaming of the final product.

It was so easy, though! In all it took about an hour from start to finish.

What you need:

1/2 cup butter
4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put a baking dish with the butter in the oven to melt. Use real butter for an amazing flavor.

Put your peaches, 1 cup sugar and the water in a medium size pot and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes. While that is boiling, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Slowly stir in milk. When peaches are done boiling, take baking dish out of the oven. Pour flour mixture over the top. Spoon in peach mixture. Pour the remaining syrup over the whole thing. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and sides of the cobbler are pulling away from the edge of the baking dish.

I know you want to dig in. We did. There were pockets of peach syrup bubbling and oozing. But, it is best to let it cool so you don't burn your tongue and then miss out on the experience.

We waited about ten minutes and then dove in. Again, no time for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment