Thursday, October 13, 2011

Paradise Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies


Don't get me wrong. I love my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Love it! But last night, I was feeling a little antsy and wanted to try a different recipe. I found a Paradise Bakery one. I don't know if it is their actual recipe, but I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. Let's just say I ate a few with a cold glass of milk, and then grabbed a couple to eat on my late night walk with Jeff.

I did tweak a few things from the original recipe. I know what a whole cup of butter does to my cookies:

Preheat oven to 375.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Incorporate into the butter mixture.

Spoon drops onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes.

This seriously took me 20 minutes to mix (that includes pulling all the ingredients out) and it made 3 dozen cookies- so about 1/2 hour to bake them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment