Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Muffnuts

Pumpkin Muffnuts? Seriously? Yeah, probably not the most appetizing name, but my friend, Casey and I came up with it on a long drive back from Utah County. It is a combination of a muffin and a donut- muffnut.



Look at those bad boys. 

I made them for a potluck at Casey's house. You know, kind of a tongue in cheek, "hey I actually made the muffnuts we were talking about." Yeah, I ate most of them before they could make it to the plate.

I got the recipe here. It is so easy. It takes 10 minutes to put everything together and 10-12 minutes to bake it all. Perfect for me, since I can't be on my feet for too long these days.

1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/3 vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup plain pumpkin (I used pumpkin pie filling, because I didn't read the can)
1/2 cup milk

1 stick butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
2 TBS cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. In a separate bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth, gradually add the dry ingredients until just combined.

Scoop the batter into the muffin tins evenly. Bake for 10-12 minutes (I did 11).

Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool slightly. Dip the muffins into the butter and then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Voila! Muffnuts.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this with pumpkin pie filling and plain pumpkin. I have to say I prefer the pumpkin pie filling.

    ReplyDelete