Thursday, October 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake


OK, disclaimer. This is not my picture. I got it from this site, where I also got the recipe. I took a picture, I swear, but it wasn't on my camera this morning! This recipe has chocolate peanut icing, but I didn't have heavy cream, so I made my chocolate glaze and it was heavenly!

2 ounces unsalted butter (about 1/4 cup)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup tightly packed brown sugar
3 ounces creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I eyeballed and know I put in more than that- hee hee)

Preheat oven to 325.

Grease 9x 13 pan. Set aside.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Mix together brown sugar, peanut butter and butter for 2 minutes. Add egg and egg yolk and mix for another 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix for 1 more minute.

Add half of the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Then add sour cream. Mix for 20 seconds. Gradually add remaining flour mixture. Add the water in a slow steady stream and mix for 30 seconds. Add vanilla and mix. Add chocolate chips and stir by hand to finish mixing.

Pour cake batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake for 22 minutes. Let cool and top with chocolate icing, or the one listed in the recipe link if you so desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment