Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know I have posted a simple recipe on here before using spice cake mix. Jeff wasn't so happy about it. So, last night I made some from scratch. YUM. He accused me of eating a whole dozen myself, to which I guffawed. But, let's be honest, he was probably right.

I found the recipe on Pinterest, which linked me to here.

As I am apt to do, I made a few modifications.

2 cups canned pumpkin
2 cups white sugar
1 cup applesauce
2 eggs
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp milk
2 TBS vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine pumpkin, sugar, applesauce and egg. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Slowly add flour to mixture. I added the vanilla and milk as the batter became a little dry.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a GREASED cookie sheet. I say that because I forgot to grease mine and was scraping crumbly cookies off of them and into my mouth. Bake for 11-12 minutes. This makes about 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment