Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brownie D-light!

Another fairly simple recipe for some dessert goodness. This week's dessert is what I like to call Brownie D-light. Obviously not it's the official name, name it what you will.

To begin:

Make some brownies! You can follow directions on the box right? Do it!



Go ahead...mix it up.

Then spread into a well greased (you know how I feel about well greasing things) cake pan. Then bake just like the box tells ya.
Once the brownies are done let them cool completely. I find it best to find something else to do so that I don't try to jump the gun.


When it is ready, go ahead and open up a can of white frosting (I love that stuff) and spread it liberally all over the brownies. I have an old oven and sometimes it burns the edges a bit on the brownies. The more frosting (and later chocolate topping) you use the least likely someone is to detect the slightly burnt taste of an edge. It's not tricking people...it's for the greater good.


Get out that handy dandy progressive nut chopper again (my goodness I love that thing).



It doesn't matter which way you go. Coarse or fine, it really depends on how you want them on the brownies. I usually start off with coarse and then in desperation turn it towards fine. once they are all crushed up covered the icing with them...you want it to look like so:
Once you've covered that puppy up stick it into the fridge to chill.


While that's going on you want to begin to prepare the topping. You might want to measure the ingredients first, but it really doesn't matter (I'm such a laid back baker no?) You want to melt 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet), with 1 cup peanut butter.


Yum-O (and I don't even eat chocolate)

Then you are going to add about 4 cups rice krispes(sp?) Some brands are called "Puffed Rice" among other things. I'm not a brand name snob (unless it's Cheerios) so take your pick at what exactly it is you're adding.

Once it's mixed up, take the brownies out of the fridge and spread the mixture all over the top. It's going to be thick and come right to the edge of the pan. It's a good thing.
Wa-la! A dessert that looks and tastes like it took more effort! Yea! Now from what I understand these treats are a little on the super sweet side, so when you are cutting them (don't bother with a butter knife get something you'd use to protect yourself in the ghetto to cut these things) cut them into smaller squares and then people can eat as many as they want, but if they are small enough no one is wasting.

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to tell me how they turn out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment